Senior Interior Designer
Allison Jaffe Interior Design (AJID), an award winning Austin, TX firm, is built on three pillars: Collaboration, Integrity and Smart Design.
AJID utilizes a fresh creative vision with each new assignment and demonstrates the ability to manage all the tricky technical aspects of furnishing, remodeling, and new construction projects. Since its founding in 2010, AJID has been honored with 23 interior design awards. For three years running, Principal Designer Allison has been recognized as an “Austin Under 40” finalist and, Austin CultureMap dubbed her “a star to watch right now.”
As a Sr. Interior Designer at AJID, you will be a self-motivated, trusted associate of the firm, often working independently and delivering extraordinary service. Communication, trust and follow-through define our expectations of quality, generating successful projects and strengthening our business relationships across the board.
Job Duties & Functions:
- Work with clients to determine initial goals and requirements for the space to be designed.
- Review client idea books on Houzz, Pinterest, etc… to develop clear understanding of client preferences and design aesthetic.
- Collaborates with subcontractors to further understand how interior space should function, appear, and be furnished.
- Creates conceptual Mood Boards for presentations, ordering samples when necessary.
- Collaborate with AJID CAD designers on Floor Plans and determine timelines and costs.
- Confidently presents Mood Boards, Floor Plans and Allocations to clients.
- Makes final selections and collaborates with the AJID Procurement Team to order materials and furnishings, adhering to project and budget specifications.
- Oversees the installation of materials, furniture, and other design elements.
- Ensures client satisfaction by visiting the project on completion with the client; resolves any complaints or concerns.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and materials, techniques, and other developments in interior design.
- Maintains excellent records documenting project changes and updating systems accordingly.
- Maintains strong working relationship with AJID Project Manager.
Technical Skills & Requirements:
- Strong visual design skills, including proportion and aesthetics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen closely, read between the lines and accurately interpret the Client’s style and vision
- Comfortable with a range of design styles, including: Contemporary, Transitional, Traditional, etc…
- Self-motivated and organized, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Collaborative and able to build and sustain strong working relationships with AJID team
- Demonstrates Integrity by being honest, timely, dependable and always “doing the right thing”
- Possesses strong client-facing skills, with confident presentation skills and a polished, professional appearance
- Growth Oriented, demonstrating a love for learning and improvement both personally and professionally
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Certification in Architecture or Interior Design preferred
- 3-5+ years designing residential spaces required
- Job Type: Contract, Approx. 10-20 Hrs/week to start
- Compensation: $65 – $75 per hour, depending on experience
- Work Location: Austin, TX Based, Remote or AJID office in Central Austin